January 23, 2011

It Pays To Ask!

Around Christmastime, I was shopping in our local dollar store.  They had some adorable hand-painted keychains on a display that I thought was awesome.  I asked the lady there what they were going to do with it.  She said they may use it again, but that she would ask the store owner. She took my phone number and I forgot all about it.  The other day, the owner called and asked me if I still wanted it.  I said, "YES! How much do you want for it?"  She said, "$1.00"!  Whew hoo!  Here it is on my table (with my Valentine's centerpiece).  It isn't staying here...

  Here it is closer.... it is all hand painted and that sign comes off of the top.
 And here is what I've done with it in my craftroom....  I am going to use the sign and make a topper for it,
but I haven't had time to do that yet. 

I had these black curtain clips which I found at Salvation Army long ago and they fit perfectly
over the balls on the ends of the rods, so they are holding the pictures.  I can change them out
as I get new pictures developed.  Love it!

So, my Aunt Gretchen sent our boys a microscope for Christmas with a follow-up box of rock specimens for them to look at with the microscope. They were really cool and I ended up using my camera to get a few macros of the rocks. I thought I'd share because they are so neat.  You could barely see the little hairs sticking up on these rocks with the naked eye....







Okay..... my inner nerd is coming out... but I thought it was pretty cool.

Also, the birds found our Christmas tree which we decorated for them.  It took a long time for them to find it!



Hope your weekend was a great one and that you stayed warm.  I think our high was 6 today and our low is supposed to be -12.  Brrr!!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed