September 25, 2010

So... Fall Is Here

I thought I'd share some pretty pictures of our backyard all prepared for Fall.  These were taken with my Nikon CoolPix S9.  The best news of the day???   My FIL had an old camera sitting around that he hasn't used in about 20 years, so he gave it to me!  It is a Minolta XG-A 35MM.  I have to get a battery and film for it and I will be playing with it next.  Can't wait.  It has a macro and zoom lens. 

The bad news?  The pool closing is scheduled.   Although we had a 90 degree day on Friday, we couldn't swim because the water is 60 degrees.  Brrr!  Luckily, the temps dropped overnight and it was crisp and 65 today.





Today we threw the boys in the car and headed to Johnny Appleseeds for some fall fun... apple picking!  After getting lots of pictures with several different cameras (yes, I may have gone crazy!), we headed back to the store {which sells high-end furniture} and looked around.  In the back of the store, they have a wonderful coffee/tea room which overlooks the pond. So pretty and the coffee is amazing... oh.. and free!  I wish I had taken my camera in with me.  I would have shown you how cute it is.

Look at all of these apples!
Love this shot!
We brought home a whole bushel.... wonder what I will do with them all???
The best part of picking?  Sampling!

 Mmmmm... here's what I did with some of them... turned them into chunky, warm apple sauce and served it with homemade chili, flax corn chips and Vermont Extra-Sharp Cheddar.  Such a nice, warm meal on a nice fall day!

5 comments:

Sussi Sassmannshausen said...

Beautiful apple trees and handsome boys, doesn't get much better. I love your Blog.

JudyT said...

Awesome pictures, Tami! That close-up apple one is great. Dinner looks scrumptious - now I want chili but since it's supposed to be 105+ today, think I'll wait a couple more days for it to cool down.

Practically Spent said...

Really pretty post....the scenery, the food....all just great.

Anonymous said...

The four leaves in the top photo look so elemental in their distinct shapes and colors--like the essence of Fall! And now I want extra sharp cheddar with fresh applesauce and chili!

JudyT said...

They said on CNN today that the Finger Lakes area is a great spot to see the fall leaves this year. Made me homesick -- love the fall!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed