September 3, 2010

I. Am. SO. Excited!

I got my pictures back from the camera I found for $5 at an estate sale! It is the Canon AE-1 from the 1980's. I wasn't sure if I was just throwing away money both on the camera and the film (4 rolls=$15) and a battery (about $7) and having the photos developed ($9).... and a digital CD made ($3).

I'm so happy I bought it. The pictures are awesome and I'm having a great time playing with it.

Here are a few pictures I took on my first roll (well, not my first roll.... the first one was wound in the camera wrong. Oops... good to follow directions). But this is the first roll that I had developed.   My blog columns cut the pictures.  Grrr.... please click on it to make it open larger.  I love this picture!  I've never had an SLR camera, so I'm totally new at it.  I'm used to pointing and clicking and uploading and fixing.  These below were untouched.
As summer comes to a close...
Playing with Depth of Field....
Big shadows...

Swimming on September 2nd?  Unheard of in our parts!
Neighbor's Kitty pawing the cat food jar....
Majestic...
Playing with some stop action...

So I think my $5 was worth it.  Do you?  Also, the photos in the previous post were taken with my
digital point-and-shoot Nikon CoolPix S9.  Someone had asked.  I love the color in the pictures with the Nikon, but it does best outside.  In low lighting, like school auditoriums, there is no way to get a good picture, IMHO. 

Hmmm... now which lenses to start collecting?

A macro lense could be cool!
Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di LD Macro Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR CamerasTamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di LD Macro Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens for Canon SLR CamerasCanon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
Canon Life Size Converter EF Macro LensCanon Life Size Converter EF Macro Lens

I'll have to do some research and see exactly what I need!

New Friend Fridays

Tami

4 comments:

Michelle W said...

Great find!! I love great deals- and great photography!
I found you through "New Friend Fridays".
~Michelle
www.falafelandthebee.com

Kimberly @shrinkingkimberwls said...

Following you now! Please follow me back! God Bless, have a great weekend!
Kimberly
http://christlikemommy.blogspot.com

wendy said...

Tami,
You make me want to break out my ole Cannon. I won't even tell you much I have in lenses and flash, not 5.00!

Anonymous said...

What a great buy! My canon camera for the 80s bit the dust while I was taking his prom pictures! I couldn't find anyone to fix it. I was so bummed! Your pictures are wonderful, though! I always felt like a "real" photographer with that camera:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed