March 26, 2010

Spring or Easter Decorated Cookies

My kids had the day off today, so we spent the day baking and decorating cookies.  It is always fun at the beginning but then by the end, I'm usually sick of it.  The boys didn't last quite as long as I did.  That's the way it usually goes.  They are all gung-ho and then they make two cookies and they are then done.  The sure love eating the dough though!

So, here are the cookies we made.  We traced the cookie cutter and the boys designed their cookies before they decorated them.  This gave them an idea of what to make before they started trying to make things with the icing.  Icing isn't quite as forgiving as colored pencils.  You can see below both the drawings and the cookies.  So cute!


These are my 9-year-old's eggs.  He did a pretty good job!  Of course, how Meta Knight and Warrior Skeletons have anything to do with Spring or Easter, I don't know!

These are my 7-year-old's eggs.  He was bored more quickly.  Cute though!
If you would like the recipe for the icing, it is on my Food Art Party blog ... HERE.

Have fun!






7 comments:

McVal said...

A.dor.a.ble cookies! How on earth did you make them plaid?

Cindy said...

Found you on NFFriday. These are so great. We love making sugar cookies. I too am a collector of sprinkles and such. I am bad and ration out my favs to the kids when decorating. We just made some last week. I didn't post about it b/c I did back in Oct or so for Halloween. Anyway I copied your icing recipe. Can't wait to use it.

Anonymous said...

Your cookies are so sweet. I love the pastels, but the best part is that the kids were right in the middle of it all!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the cookies! so cute.

happy SITS saturday sharefest!

Maya said...

Those are beautiful! The plaid ones in particular are works of art. I almost wouldn't be able to eat them...almost!


Happy SITS Sharefest!

Kristi said...

Your cookies are beautiful!!!!! Mine have NEVER looked that good! How do you get them so perfect! Love it :)

Paula said...

Yum! These cookies look aweseom! I love your centerpieces too inthe next posting with your table decor.
Thanks for inviting me by!
Have a wonderful Easter,
Paula

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed