March 24, 2010

A Good Way To Use Scraps of Fabric

I don't usually write two posts in one day, but I had to share this....

A few weeks ago the new DIY Dish girls, showed everyone how to make Two-Tiered Cake Pincushions.  Very cute!  I have a million-gazillion cake stands, so I've been itching to create one of these little prickly confections of my own.  Well, you know I've been working on my first quilting projects, a table runner and placemats. I'm almost done.  The last one is cut out and I just need to finish it up.  I have LOTS of scraps lying around, so I made a cake that matches my pretty table linens!

Check it out!  SOOOO easy to make and truly no-sew (unless you want to).   If you want to see how to do it, the first episode is over at DIY Dish.  Also, on the second episode, they show you how to make custom pins for your cute cake.  I have to buy some special stuff to do that, but I'm going to eventually play with that idea.


Have a great day!
Tami


5 comments:

Andrea said...

Ok that pin cushion is adorable. I will have to give it a try. Your placemats look great!

Kim said...

Oooh!! I love it!! Love the fabric, the trims - everything! And I like the big bow on top! Thanks so much for sharing this and thanks for following our show!

-Kim :)

blogmom221 said...

How cute! I love the idea of a pin cushion cake.

Anonymous said...

That is SOOOO adorable! Hi from the SITSta hood!

Donna said...

Such a sweet design! I love the pink all the pretty frills. In my house I am surrounded by boys so anything girly makes me smile! Thanks for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed