February 28, 2010

Today's Crafts

I played in my craftroom this afternoon and made quite a few things. I've dubbed my craftroom "My Happy Place". That way, when I say, "Mommy's going to her happy place." I have a place to go. I even made this sign for the door today!
I have seen lots of bloggers out there making apothecary jars from stuff they already have. Love it! I decided to pull out some of my stuff and make myself one for my craftroom shelf. This little jar is one I found at Salvation Army for $.50. The candle stick is from the dollar store years ago.

I used E-6000 glue to attach the two. You can get this in the craft department at Walmart.

Ta Da! How cute is that? Here it is on my shelf. I love the way it turned out.
I also made a few cards today, but you will have to go to my Paper Crafting Obsession blog to see them.
Have a great Sunday night!
Tami

8 comments:

Kristi said...

I LOVE your apothecary jar!! What a fantastic idea!!! Now you have me wanting to make one! LOL!

theUngourmet said...

That jar is so cute! Using the candle stick as a base is a brilliant idea! I'll have to see what I've got around my house. :0)

thatgirlisfunny said...

Very cute! Hello SITStah - nice to meet you. Your snowman photos with your kids are so funny - they made me smile today. Your presence makes the world a happier place:D

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Hello, Thank you for coming over to visit me! I love your blog and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your 1.50 apothecary jar. Brilliant! I am going to stop by Goodwill today and try to copy you. :)
That is a very sweet story about your hubby and the scrap-booking store. If men knew how happy those things made us, don't you think they would be in every craft store and tea shop in the U.S.?
Have a wonderful day!
Joyce

Judy@grammyreads.com said...

You are just TOO clever! I love that! I saw something a little similar with an old plate and candlestick made into a cake stand. You know I LOVE reusing pretty things! Thanks for stopping by and commenting today. After my soggy start, it was doubly appreciated! Now I am off to try to figure out what they call that neckline of your wedding gown. Boat, maybe?

Ann said...

how clever and way too cute !! I am now following all 3 of your blogs. what I would like to know is where do you find the time to keep up with 3 blogs,kids and craft? What vitamins do you take...I want them !!!!!

Sarah Bonn said...

Cute jar!!

Samantha @ The Savvy Soybean said...

ohmygosh your blog is beyond cute. I LOOVE craft ideas!! Gotta bookmark this one. Great background, too. Happy SITS Saturday!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed