February 1, 2011

Ninja Party

I was just looking for my son's ninja party on this blog. I was sure I posted it here, but low and behold, I had not posted it on my crafty blog.  I want this to show up under my Kid Party label, so I'm sharing it with you now!  The cupcake wrappers and toppers can be found here on my foodie blog.

A Post from September:

My son's birthday party was today. I had made the cute little cupcake wrappers and toppers from my previous post, but when I went to print them, I had run out of ink! Yikes! The toppers printed gray rather than black ink, so I cut them out anyway and traced the eyes with black pen. Then I used my cupcake wrapper as a template and cut black ones out of black construction paper and wrapped them with red ribbon. In a pinch, it worked.



I also made some origami throwing stars to use as decorations (and weapons)...

Ninja swords on the chair backs lead to some great ninja battles. I had to take the swords away eventually though because they were getting a little too serious! The balls in the glass container on the table are actually gumballs from Party City! Black, Silver and Pearl!



I sewed some headbands and put some Asian symbols on them. Each boy wore one and then took them home with them. Oh... and they were told to dress in their ninja-wear if they had any. They all did! The banner says (probably barely says) "Happy 10th Birthday Adorable Ninja Son"

Word of warning.... the ninja head toppers are flammable. See that guy in the front?



Ninjas of many shapes and sizes came to the party. Even my husband dressed up and surprised the boys with a sneak attack which happened in the blink of an eye. He jumped over the couch while they were watching the presents being opened and stole one of the gifts and took off with it! Lots of excitement!!! The boys didn't even hesitate and took off after him! They were ninja warriors and rescued the stolen gift in mere moments! It all happened so fast I couldn't even get a picture! With all of the cameras in the room, you would think someone could have, but no one did!


Oh... and yes, we had pizza at the party. Pizza is Ninja food according to my son's t-shirt.


The weather stunk... so no better day for a party indoors!


Tami

1 comment:

amy & lisa said...

So cute!! Love love all your details!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed