This is the desk that I have been working on for a few weeks now. It stared out like this. There were water marks on the top and it was quite ugly. It worked for a while, but I finally took the time to re-paint it and decorate it a bit. I forgot to take a good before picture... you'll have to take my word for it.
This is what it looks like now. I added a piece of light wood to the top which I wrapped in a thick wrapping paper. This will protect it and I will be able to change it out when I feel like it. The top of the desk wasn't large enough for all of the stuff I used while sewing, so I made it larger. It isn't attached, just sitting on there.
This is not the chair that is in the top picture, but it is the chair that goes with the desk. I padded the seat and created a skirt and pillow for it. The little table was given to me by a friend. I'm not completely done with it, but it made the picture. Lots of whimsy in this room now!