May 17, 2010

Furniture Painting is a Big Fat Pain....






Okay.  I'm so over this project.  Do you ever get started on something and you are totally gung-ho, but then you get half way through the project and you are just over it?  That is ME.  I've been working on this furniture since March or so.  Pllllth...

Well, here is the table and chair and mirror I just finished.  The red doesn't quite look the same in these pictures as it is in real life. I have to use the flash because my sewing room is windowless and in the basement.  The flash seems to reflect off of the red in an odd way.  Anyway, you will get the idea. 

I didn't paint the table top yet.  I'm not sure if I want to or not, but I think I want it to be white, so I wrapped it (like I have before) with wrapping paper.  This gives me an idea of what it would look like in white and will match the room until I make up my mind. 

I also have to decide what I'm going to do with this ugly industrial carpeting.  In a way it is nice, but I'm not loving it.  Perhaps a room-sized rug?  I'll figure that out later.

Let me know what you think of my sewing room set up so far!


I also made an ironing board cover to match this afternoon....

By the way, I used this  Frog Tape this time because it said it had a paint blocker in it.  It is AWESOME!
No paint went under the edge!  I have to blog more about it later.  I can't say enough!!!



4 comments:

Ruth H. said...

This is adorable! Can I have it? I'm giggling right now because I'm in the middle of redoing my sewing room, and guess which colors I'm using? Turquoise and red!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I love that red color you used. It's so happy looking!

Hey, you won the Bobby By design -- choice of belt and 3-strap headband on my blog -- Tatertots & Jello!

Send me your email and I can forward over to the Bobby By Design people. Thanks so much!

XOXO
Jen

Marilyn said...

I love it Tami!

Meredith said...

thanks for stopping by new friend!! I've got so many furniture makeovers to get to on my list right now. your blog is great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed