April 25, 2010

A Little Added Whimsy

Hello and Happy Sunday {or Monday}
It is a crappy, rainy day here in upstate, NY, so it is a good day for painting!

My sewing room in coming along slowly but surely.  Have you ever been so inspired by something that you ran along and started something in about 1 minute because you HAD to?

Pamela over at Be Colorful showed a beautiful piece of furniture that she had made for her Traveling Door Sale.  We had a nice convo via comments about craftrooms being fun to decorate because they are all yours and you can be as creative & as girly as you like.  Well, after seeing her piece, I went right down and started adding some whimsy to my furniture.  I love the way it turned out!


I had already painted the insides of each drawer a different color, but I had different drawer liner (a heavy piece of wrapping paper) in them.  I switched them out, so here is what the insides of the drawers look like.
I am writing up a tutorial to teach you how to make stripes like this on furniture and will publish it soon.
Sorry for the bad picture, but this is a picture with all of the drawers open a bit.  The pink
one needs some touch-up on the edge, but I wasn't sure if I was going to change it to red or not.  Now I know I am not going to change it, so I will touch it up.  They are also out of order this picture, but you get the idea.


More of the blue drawer.

Tami

2 comments:

Infarrantly Creative said...

That turned out awesome. Good for you. And those colors are my very favorite combo in all the color world. Well done.

KNB said...

What a pretty dresser/cabinet! And how nice to have a room of your own.

If it's any consolation, it's dreary rainy here in Western PA.

Cheers.

www.mommamaybemad.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed