July 22, 2009

Project with Tutorial In-Progress

Got stuff? I started sewing in February or March and in such a short time, I have collected a whole lot of crap for sewing. So, I needed a place to put some of it. I was going to get one of those shoe organizers for the back of a door, but then thought, I could probably make one of those. Well, one thing lead to another and this is what I came up with. Of course, I couldn't leave it without embellishments! Five of the pockets have smaller pockets on the front and 6 of them have floral embellishments.

For fabric, I started out with a used housecoat, valence and sheet all from Salvation Army plus lots of scrap material and embellishments.

It is really difficult to get a good picture of this project because the satin ribbon reflects the flash and the color turns to bright fushia. It isn't that bright, so I took it outside and took this picture on the back of my screen door. If you click on the picture, it will open bigger.

I hung this back-of-door organizer on a dowel from my kids' easel and then on a wreath holder. Once I get a dedicated dowel for it, I am going to hot glue some stuff to the dowel (like beads to keep it from falling off the ends). So, the project is not totally complete, but this is what it looks like. I may even have to make it a front-of-door organizer because I like looking at it so much!








The tutorial is coming soon!


4 comments:

The Queen of Clearance said...

so cute!What a great Idea. Good job!

Amber/Rayne said...

Sweet a fellow scrapper! I came to check out your blog from SITS. Just your name alone made me click!
I love the pocket organizer. I really wish I could sew!

Small House said...

SERIOUSLY...I can't believe that you have only been sewing since February!! You make such beautiful items. This is one of those!
Sandra

Debbie said...

How pretty! Much better than anything you could buy.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed