July 23, 2009

How to Make Glitter LolliPops

I posted this tutorial at Tip Junkie today. Enjoy.... it is a popular, oldie, but goodie.
Tip Junkie handmade projects


I made some glitter pops today. I had this mold that I haven't used and wanted to play with chocolate. I bought mine at a cake supply store about a year ago.

These pretty pops are flavored with creme de mint.

Here is what you need:
Wilton Lollipop Mold
Wilton Lollipop Sticks
Wilton Candy Melts
Food Coloring
Creme de Menthe Flavor Oil (I get this at one of my local pharmacies)
Sanding Sugar (Found with cake supplies and toppings)

1) Add a tiny dab of shortening to a small microwavable bowl wiht about 15 of those little white chocolate disks that you can get at Michaels or WalMart and melt them in the microwave for about 20 seconds. I used about 15 per lollipop.

2) Stir (you may need to melt a little more) then add some food coloring and a few drops of mint flavored oil and stir again.

3) Fill the three molds and put the sticks in them and twist the sticks so they get coated with chocolate

4) Put them in the refrigerator for about an hour. Pop the out of the molds.

5) After I unmolded them, I stuck them under the hot broiler element in my oven for about 5 seconds and dipped them in sanding sugar. You are DONE! Easy Peasy.

They are so glittery and pretty! What kid wouldn't want to eat those? Heck, what adult wouldn't?


If you need to get the candy melts, you can get them here.  I couldn't find any blue ones, but they would look super cute in pink too... and they would be cheaper t!  I used white and colored them with neon food coloring.  The link is below if you would like to get them...

And here is the neon food coloring which created this pretty blue...




Sanding Sugar...

I really have to get the heart lollipop molds to try this with for Valentine's Day. The round one would be cute too, but I couldn't find the swirly one that I used.  I think I found that one years ago at a cake supply store.

Also, if you need lollipop sticks, you can find them here...


And bags to put them in....




Please show me your product if you make these! I'd love to see them!
Tami

22 comments:

Linda said...

These are cute!! You have given me an idea for the wedding!

Katie Lane said...

Those look awesome!!

theUngourmet said...

Those are just darling. I love the colors! ;0)

Atlanta said...

Hey Girl! Come to my Blog to check out the results to my giveaway!!! (there was no e-mail listed for you so I hope you get this! )

Housewife Savant said...

These lollies are a treat for the EYES even.
Thumbs UP!

Live.Love.Eat said...

These are gorgeous.

Small House said...

They are adorable. Thanks for sharing this really cute idea!
Sandra

Unknown said...

These are so pretty! I'm over from SITS to say hello. Your blog design is gorgeous, too.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Ihan hyvä minä said...

Pretty they are! Happy SITS Sharefest.

Bentley Boutique said...

How cute and festive! These would make any kid or grown up kid very happy:)

Anonymous said...

Such a cute idea! Definitely going to have to try this! Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!!!

Rachel Lundy said...

So cute and so pretty! I would eat those!

Baking Momma said...

Hey Tami,

I love your blog! A girl after my own heart. Thanks for stopping by my spot.

shraddha said...

oooh my girls will love this..

DROPPING BY FROM SITS
Please take time out to visit my blog today...its a welcoming blog post to my new co-blogger and a give away worth of 38$ for the readers

shraddha

Carma Sez said...

nom nom nom tasty stuff!

Coffee and Vanilla said...

Very cute, love the idea of making own lollipops... my daughter would love that! :)

Roxie Morrow said...

Those are sooooooooo cool!! Love the color, my fave! Can you imagine those in a glass vase in several different pastel colors. Oh my, I think I'm going to faint. LOL
Roxie
www.candylights.net

Whitney said...

Holy hand grenade , how crafty can you get?!

Half of the stuff you make looks like it should be in some shabby chic boutique!

Can't wait for the tutorial for the storage hanger!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

OMGOSH... how beautiful! I'm going to have to try this one. They would be awesome for christmas in Red and Green

April Greer said...

I bought this stuff at Michaels around Christmas this last year and we had a blast making them. The glittery sugar is a great idea though. Really dresses them up!

Happy Sits Saturday Sharefest!

Trina said...

Pretty. These would e great to make around the holidays as give-a-ways. I know I'm going to forget about them. Cute idea.

claire said...

This looks easy to do but the results are fabulous!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed