I made some glitter pops today. I had this mold that I haven't used and wanted to play with chocolate. I bought mine at a cake supply store about a year ago.
These pretty pops are flavored with creme de mint.
Here is what you need:
Wilton Lollipop Mold
Wilton Lollipop Sticks
Wilton Candy Melts
Creme de Menthe Flavor Oil (I get this at one of my local pharmacies)
Sanding Sugar (Found with cake supplies and toppings)
1) Add a tiny dab of shortening to a small microwavable bowl wiht about 15 of those little white chocolate disks that you can get at Michaels or WalMart and melt them in the microwave for about 20 seconds. I used about 15 per lollipop.
2) Stir (you may need to melt a little more) then add some food coloring and a few drops of mint flavored oil and stir again.
3) Fill the three molds and put the sticks in them and twist the sticks so they get coated with chocolate
4) Put them in the refrigerator for about an hour. Pop the out of the molds.
5) After I unmolded them, I stuck them under the hot broiler element in my oven for about 5 seconds and dipped them in sanding sugar. You are DONE! Easy Peasy.
They are so glittery and pretty! What kid wouldn't want to eat those? Heck, what adult wouldn't?
If you need to get the candy melts, you can get them here. I couldn't find any blue ones, but they would look super cute in pink too... and they would be cheaper t! I used white and colored them with neon food coloring. The link is below if you would like to get them...
And here is the neon food coloring which created this pretty blue...
I really have to get the heart lollipop molds to try this with for Valentine's Day. The round one would be cute too, but I couldn't find the swirly one that I used. I think I found that one years ago at a cake supply store.
Also, if you need lollipop sticks, you can find them here...
And bags to put them in....
Please show me your product if you make these! I'd love to see them!