May 17, 2009

XXIP-IT




I sewed my first zipper today! V. wanted me to make this little guy from the Monsters sewing book I mentioned a few days ago. I didn't realize he had a zipper mouth until I had him all cut out. {Way to read those instructions, hu?}



I looked in my tin that has a bunch of old sewing stuff in it... from the 50's. There were a few zippers in there, but none the right size. SO... I found a tan one that told me how to make it shorter on the back. {who knew???} So, I did and fit it to this guys' mouth and sandwiched it between the inner mouth and his outer mouth and here he is! V. LOVES him. He is supposed to feed him marbles and loose change.



Mouth open....



Mouth almost closed! He reminds me of a Boobah. I wouldn't have chosen this one, but V. loved him.



6 comments:

Nicki said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog on my SITS day! That is so awesome that you sewed a zipper. This little guy is TOO cute!!!!

Janine said...

Love that little guy! V can take his lunch money in it.

Small House said...

GOOD HEAVENS GIRL....Impressed. Zippers terrify me. I'll go completely out of my way to avoid them. I'm tellin ya, you're inspiring me to step outside of my sewing box.
Sandra

Mathea said...

I love sewing zippers, and I for one NEVER read the directions first! Otherwise I would not have a reason to keep extras of everything in my drawer when I "discover" that I forgot to get part of it... Have a great Sunday.
nickannycreations.blogspot.com

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Congrats on sewing your first zipper. I haven't sewn one in many a years. The monster turned out cute. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment.

The LemonDrop Tree said...

oh my gosh, you are so right about it being a BooBah! i love it. you should sew a few more in different colors and sell them as a family!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed