April 19, 2011

Day 2 in San Diego

Day two was spent walking (hiking!) the San Diego Zoo.  I've been here so many times that I was a bit bored, but my kids really enjoyed it.  They especially liked the aerial tram ride across the zoo.

I won't bore you with too many of the animals. I always hate taking animal pics because I never print them.  They just sit on my hard drive.  My oldest son loves animals and wanted me to take lots of pictures.  There are a few that I think turned out really well and that are worth sharing. 

First... the panda.  This is the male panda and he was chomping away on bamboo.  Doesn't he look cuddly?  Of course, if you look closely, you will see some not-so-cuddly looking teeth!  Mama panda was in heat and was circling her environment like a mad woman.  She was behind too many trees to get a good shot.


Next, the baby giraffe.  She was born March 22 at 6 ft 1 in and 170 lbs.  Isn't she CUTE???
  We waited around until she stood up.  The one in front may be the male.  He was pretty big.


My kids playing Whack-a-What?

The big old Komodo Dragon. 

Sweet cuddly koala.  He scratched his ear.  It was so cute.  Pretty bad when just moving for a second can get the crowd all happy.

and Mr. Majestic.  He greeted us as we came into the zoo.  Loved him!

After the zoo, we went to our favorite Thai restaurant which is Saffron on India Street.  You really have to go there and get one of their half chickens and the salad rolls.  Yummy!  I had planned to blog my food for the trip, but we were so hungry every time we got to a restaurant {from walking all day} that I forgot to take pictures before digging in!

I did get a picture of the menu though.  If you click on it, you can get a better view.  

After Saffron, we went to Gelato Verdo and had a small scoop and/or coffee.  It was  perfectly 69 degree day and we really enjoyed & exhausted ourselves!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed