September 30, 2009

Bathroom Makeover Afters

Welcome to the newly decorated... LITTLE BOY BATHROOM! Yeah! It is done. You should check out the previous post to see what it looked like before.

This is the view as you come in the door. I figure that is the best place to start. These curtains, I made for $10. The shower curtain, I already had. I bought the light blue paint at Walmart for $8. The turquoise is leftover from my son's room. I found the surfboard wallpaper border at Walmart on clearance about 2 years ago. I was going to use them in the poolhouse, but changed my mind. Glad I held onto them. Two rolls for $3 each.
I paper pieced the artwork with papers I already had for scrapbooking. The two frames on the outside were $4 each on clearance at WM. The middle one is from the dollar store. I painted some wooden letters in the word "SURF" and put them on the glass with pop-dots. The G&V are the same frames from the dollar store with some large foam letters I got on clearance and have had forever. I think I paid $.75 each for them. Scrapbook paper in the background matches the palm tree leaves.

Because I held the camera at a weird angle, these look like they are crooked on the wall. They really aren't. Click on the photo and it will open larger so you can see the details.

The red "sand" is corregated paper. The background which is the sky is actually paper that has "little boy" words on it.


A bubblegum machine in the bathroom??? Why not? The colors are perfect. LOL!
A close-up of the curtains. I lined them in light blue to match the walls.
The curtain and window through the mirror. The artwork was done by my son. I just love it.
Another $4 frame with Dollar store wrapping paper matting.
New handles. Black replaces the ugly gold ones!
Cute little crab toothbrush holder ($4) and octopus soap dispenser ($5) and surf board night light ($7) that I got on clearance. The blue boxes are from the dollar store ($3) and hold the extra stuff from the dentist, floss, etc. as well as extra bars of soap made by my Mama.
I bought these lights to go in the bathroom at my old house but never installed them. They made the move and I'm glad they did. I got them at Costco for $19! Great price!!!
I am going to move this up and over a little, but it is the boys' calendar. Nice for planning mornings.
TADA! This is the bathroom in use. Brush those teeth little surfer boy!
Hope you enjoyed the bathroom make-over. Bright, cheery and CHEAP!

7 comments:

Katie Lane said...

You did awesome! It looks so great and bright :)

Brittany Ann said...

It looks great! What a massive improvement. I bet your boys are so happy with it!

Quawana said...

You did a great job! I love how it came out, and I see why you would want to change it for the boys.

Small House said...

WOW!!! WOW, WOW!!! What a transformation!! I bet your boys love it.

That had to have been a lot of work. I have to hand it to you.
Have a good day.
Sandra

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Wow! It looks amazing...and what a transformation from the old! You did a great job and had a ton of creative ideas.

B's Mom said...

So Amazing. I never knew you had these talents. I love the makeover!

Murray said...

Tami,

Where did you get the octopus soap dispenser, my local walmart no longer carries it?

Thanks

Murray

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed