July 2, 2009

4th of July Decor

We decided to get some people together on Saturday for a little 4th of July BBQ, so I had to get the back porch into the spirit. Unfortunately navy and red are not really my color scheme, so I had to start creating. After dinner tonight, I sewed a pillow, this banner, the pictures in the frames below, some ribbon napkin rings with little buttons sewn on, a little flag with a pencil for the pole (on the heart below) and a paper banner that Martha had on her site.

These pictures were taken at night, so they aren't the greatest, but I'm sure more pictures will be taken during daylight hours.




I had so much fun making this banner. I've wanted to do one for a while, but never did. Now I just have to take it down and iron it. It is really wrinkled!
This is an old 7-up crate that I have up on the wall.


I moved this cup. It has a floating candle in it. I put it in front of the jar and the picture.
I really need to do some dusting out here!
These pictures and the sleeping cat one above were done with some clipart and a digital scrapbooking kit. They add a little festive feel, don't you think?
I made a pillow cover for the pillow that goes on this porch. I will probably do another for the other corner tomorrow. Ran out of time and steam tonight.





I hope to upload our pictures from Niagra Falls tomorrow.... if time allows. I have to start shopping & cooking for Saturday, so we shall see!
Hope you all have a great 4th!!!
Tami

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed