February 27, 2009

Today's Sewing Project

Okay... I haven't been sewing long as you can see on my previous posts, but I seriously whipped this up in about 3 hours. It was so much fun! I got the pattern for free by signing up for a newsletter on "You Can Make This". I had most of the fabrics and just picked up a fat quarter of the black polkadots! The whole purse is made with just 3 fat quarters and some fusible fleece and fusible interfacing. I added the divider in the inside and changed the inside lining to a different fabric.... added 3 vintage buttons and viola...a cute purse! I LOVE the way it turned out!!!






And so you can see the size of it... Here's me jet-setting out the door with my trendy little bag....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how it turned out :) I have the same pattern still didn't start to make it I have way too many things to finish for my shop :)

Katie Lane said...

Thanks for the complement on my blog and for stopping by! This purse is so cute, can't believe you made it! (and yes your blog does have word verification) :}

Maggie R said...

Love your bag.... I like to make bags too... you can never have too many..I have some in my etsy shop.
I noticed you on the SITS blog call so I popped over to follow you... Hope you have time to popo over and follow me..
Now I am going to see the rest of your blog...Happy Sunday
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie
waving from cold, but sunny southern ontario, Canada

Shannon said...

The purse is adorable!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! I would like one, in browns, and with pockets inside, if you can. Let me know.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed