November 20, 2011

Musical and Thanksgiving Decor

Whew!  It has been a crazy few months.  I volunteered to head up the costume committee for the Middle School Musical, "Alice in Wonderland, Jr."  Little did I know the committee would be me and one other person.  LOL!  So I spent the past few months making cute little costume accessories.  It really was fun!  The kids loved their costumes as long as there was some glitter on them. 

This play included the little kids from grades 3-5 also, so my 3rd grader was able to be in it.  He was the King of Hearts. The play was this weekend.  All went well and the kids put on an awesome show.

Here are a few pictures!  I know you want to see them.  :-P










Ok... so now you know why I haven't posted much.... now on to today...
I decided to move furniture around today because I have a "formal" living room which was never meant to be formal.  Nobody sits on the furniture in there.  It is kind of annoying to me.  So anyway, I decided to move the leather couch from that room to our comfy living room.  This will make room for the Christmas tree in the "formal" living room.  I love the new look of both the comfy room and the formal room.  I can't wait to put up the tree. 

So, I am going to put the tree to the left of the fire place this year.  The tables will move over beside the chairs.  I love way everything aligned in this area now.

The couch on the left was where the red chairs are in the photo above.  I love it in this room. Why didn't I think of this before? Now we will sit on it for sure!  I may need a larger coffee table now though.  LOL!

The other thing I did today was decorate my tables for Thanksgiving.  I cut some branches of red berries from my yard and used them in various arrangements around the house.  I love them!  I also painted the white pumpkins for Halloween and I love them on my Thanksgiving table.  Of course, I will need to set up another Thanksgiving table for the rest of the guests, but that will be done on the day of.


When I lived in San Diego, my boss and I took an Ikebana class together.  It was really fun and i'm glad I did.  Not because I am any expert at Ikebana... not by a long shot, but I got all of the great kinzans and floral frogs and containers, so I can sort of make the arrangements look a little like Ikebana. :-)  Here are two in my kitchen.



 Here is the one in my living room too.  Love it!
I guess that should catch you up on what I've been doing.  What about you?  Have you decorated for this holiday?  Or will you be heading to someone else's house for dinner?

Happy Thanksgiving!!!  Gobble! Gobble!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Past Posts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed